What a busy few weeks it has been for Laura and family preparing for Ella's Ball and it was a real success. The ball took place on the 7th October at The Cave Hotel in Faversham. We couldn't wait to share it all with you with a follow up article. Just scroll through the photos to see the absolutely stunning venue all prepared and ready for the evening. Laura and co worked tirelessly getting the venue set up for this charity event.... and it absolutely was not wasn't for nothing as they raised a whopping £9,034.50 for Epilepsy Sucks UK from this ball so I think we can say this has been a real success! They had a target of £10,000 in mind and to have nearly achieved this is just fantastic. It is for such a good cause and one close to Laura and her family's hearts.
86 people attended the ball. Amongst the attendees were friends, family and clients from Synecore and Ian Williams. Alongside YouTubers Brandon Stewart, Holly Bennett and Erin Bowyer.
Approximately 1000 raffle tickets were sold and they had a silent auction which was a huge success and lots of money was donated through this from items that were purchased.
There were a number of investors and donators there being so generous with their money for this fantastic cause. The raffle prizes were as follows and this really did help raise funds as so many wanted these brilliant gifts!
- ACR Woodpecker WP5 Woodburner - RRP £800 (installation not included)
- £250 Champneys voucher
- Overnight stay with breakfast at The Marquis at Alkham
- Signed and framed Andrew Strauss Shirt
- Overnight stay with breakfast at The Dog at Wingham
- Fortnum & Mason - The Fortmason Hamper
- Guided tour for two at Chapledown Vineyard
- Huge beauty hamper
- £100 Bluewater voucher
- £100 WHISTLES voucher
- Set lunch for two at The Bridge Arms or Fordwich Arms RRP £90
- £50 Pandora voucher
- £50 Bluewater voucher
- Complimentary table for 10 at Ballin on any date
- TOCA social - voucher for 12 people for 60mins games
- 2hr self drive boat hire experience for 8 people with the Kentish Lady
- Family voucher for Invicta Dynamos Ice Hockey Club
- Alpaca walk for two at Kenward Place
- Two tickets for River Tour with Canterbury River Tours
- 2 x tickets for Ninja Warrior
- 2 x weekend membership for two people at Welcome Gym
- 1 x 9 hole playing lesson with Growing Golf
- 2 x Brunch at The Swan with glass of fizz
Likewise, there was a beautiful meal, many speakers and entertainment, making this is a pleasant evening for everyone involved.
To finish, the event was such a success, Laura really is on cloud 9 and so happy that the hard work has paid off. They will be putting on another Ball next year so watch this space for more fundraising articles in the future as we would love to support them again.
Quote from Laura - Lead Fundraiser for Epilepsy Sucks UK and Organiser for Ella's Ball and also Ella's mum - "We are so so happy, my heart feels very full, we had an idea in our heads of how much we wanted to raise and we have exceeded it. I am so proud of what we have achieved and how many Epilepsy sufferers this will help!"